Today I woke up and had a serious case of the Monday morning blues. I wasn’t looking forward to starting the week and just felt a little on the cranky side. I decided laying in bed that I wasn’t going to have a bad day.
My best friend and I send ‘I am thankful messages’ back and forth to each other. The message can really be anything– something small or really big and important. Even on the worst days I try to remind myself that I have so much to be thankful for.
So I made a list of all of the things I am thankful for on this
blah lovely Monday morning…
1. I am thankful that every night I get to cuddle with my puppy.
2. I am thankful that I was able to accomplish a ton this weekend.
3. I am thankful that all of the super stressful meetings that I had last week paid off! I found out today that I have a thesis project that is approved.
4. I am thankful that I was able to hike with my family yesterday and enjoy the beautiful day.
5. I am thankful that each night and every morning I am able to talk to Cody on FaceTime.
6. I am thankful that my best friend is always there for me and listen to all of the things I wouldn’t dare tell anyone else.
7. I am thankful that I have a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies in my fridge for the week.
8. Finally, I am thankful that I have such a wonderful support system that makes everyday so much easier.
This list put things into perspective.. I have soo much to be thankful for!
What is one thing you are thankful for this Monday morning?
Friday and Saturday...
Carmen is devastated she has to wear her cone again. She chewed her stitches open on her leg. But seriously.. look at the size of the cone- it is HUGE!
Cody and I studying.. lots and lots.
Sunday: Cody morning headed to a motocross race with his Dad and brother. He started motocross when he was 8 years old and has a crazy amount of passion for the sport. A few weeks back we (including my family and close family friends) went to see him race and he won his class! The two pictures below are from his race two weeks ago.
When Cody and I first met he had a cast on his wrist because of a really bad accident on his bike. When he was practicing his engine failed mid-air, which caused the bike to flip. When Cody hit the ground he naturally tried to stop himself with his arm and he dislocated his wrist, fractured two wrist bones, and tore all tendons on top of his arm. Needless to say.. it was a very very bad injury and a very long recovery including months of physical therapy and two surgeries. Motocross is a very fun sport but also a very very dangerous one. Over the 14 years of riding he has had many injuries and I am sure there are a few more in his future unfortunately.
So I was studying away yesterday morning after Cody left and I got a call from him. I just had a gut feeling something happened. Cody called to tell me that the engine on his bike failed.. and my stomach dropped.
Quickly he told me that his engine failed at the start line. I pretty sure I said how thankful I was that he was okay about 10 times yesterday. Had the situation been any different.. did another practice lap… he could have really gotten hurt. But thankfully he is doing great 🙂
Since his bike was in no condition to ride Cody headed home early and we went for a long afternoon walk with Carmen.
Cody suggested that Carmen actually needed a stick that looked like this… haha
Sunday afternoon was just what we needed; however, the evening proved to be eventful when my roommate backed out on our lease. I was pretty upset with the situation but in all reality its important to remember the big picture. I am so thankful that Cody is okay and I have since figured out my new living situation (update to come this week). It is important to remember how blessed we truly are.
Other posts to look forward to this week… Tips to Save Money and Fashion Fridays!
Hope your Monday has been fabulous 🙂