Hi friends! We have successfully made it half-way through the week! After getting out of the funk of the Monday blues I realized that two weeks from tomorrow I get to see Cody!! Yay for being positive!
This week I’m loving…
During the summer I always end up drinking iced coffee to get my jolt of caffeine but I end up not having much tea. This past week it has been really cool temperatures in the morning and at night– so I started majorly craving some hot tea. I have been drinking a few cups of British Breakfast Tea in the morning and then sleepy time tea at night. Oh fall.. I am so excited for you 🙂
It also doesn’t hurt to drink out of inspirational mugs when drinking said tea 🙂
During my long hours of research each day for work and my thesis I have been listening to soo much music. I can’t get enough of Chris Brown’s- Don’t Wake Me Up. It is also a really good song to wake up to because it starts off slow…
Also, I have been listening to lots of Dispatch. The song- General will always be one of my favorite tunes of all time. Unfortunately this is the best video I could find.
It has been a while since I have written a WILW but it’s time to get back into them~ because they are so fun!
So here is what I’m loving this Wednesday…
1. Being able to FaceTime with Cody. I can’t tell you how much of a difference it makes to see Cody. For the first week we weren’t able to FaceTime because I didn’t have Internet at my apartment (also why I haven’t been able to post). But this past week we have been able to chat face-to-face in the morning and at night. It has been wonderful!
2. The show~ 2 Broke Girls. A few of my friends recommended this show but I didn’t watch it until this week. It is such a cute show. The producers of Sex and the City created this show and they just finished the first season. Thankfully they are making another season! The show is a little cheesy but really funny. I highly recommend it!
I started my internship yesterday for the summer. I will only be there two days a week from 9:00-5:00PM each time. The internship is focused on analyzing HIV/AIDS counseling data to provide fed back to the university on the impact this program is having on the participants. Although I am soo excited to be working within the HIV/AIDS arena, I am not so excited about the data analysis. I am sure this will be a growing experience though and I can learn more about a topic that I am so passionate about.
So I am headed to my internship now but I wanted to post real quick.
Okay.. back to the reason for this post. WILW!
1. Pitbull’s new song for “Men in the Black III” called “Back in time.” Although I hate the Men in Black movies.. I can’t stop listening to this song. Soo good!
2. This necklace from JCrew. I love how chunky it is. I think this would be adorable with a maxi dress!
3. Emily Giffin’s new book comes out on July 24th! I have always read her books and I couldn’t be more excited to read the next one!
5. So for my new apartment (which I move into June 30th!) I am trying to find a fitted sheet to cover my queen sized futon. Here is one idea I have… I can’t decide if I want to go neutral or a pop of color.
I am currently at my grandparents cottage in Michigan with Cody and I couldn’t be happier. My first year of grad school is finished and now it is time for a little vacation. I haven’t posted in a while .. but I wanted to start posting regularly again 🙂
So back to ‘What I’m Loving Wednesday’…
1. Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal for One (Healthy Food for Living: photo and recipe credit). How delicious does this look?!
2. This picture of Carmen taken on our drive up to Michigan. She absolutely loves it up here!
3. The Make Room from Urban Barn. According to the website, “the Make Room is an easy-to-use interactive room planner that allows you to plan your unique living space.” Since my apartment next year is pretty small in square footage, this tool has been so helpful in designing/planning out my space!
4. Catching up with old friends. Lisa and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. Our cottages are two doors down from each other. We met each other our first summer in Michigan when we were both less than 6 months old (she is two weeks older than me).
Fun fact: We have a sunset picture every summer we have been up here together! Its so fun to look back on the pictures of us 🙂
5. Spending time with my grandparents. I couldn’t be more excited to spend an entire week up here with them!
Guess what? I finished my last final yesterday. I just completed my first year of grad school! Wahoo! I couldn’t be more thrilled!
So here is my list of WILW this week! Hope you enjoy 🙂
1. John Mayer’s new CD. I have to admit I used to be a HUGE John Mayer fan but after a kinda ‘blah’ concert I was pretty turned off. But the other day, I was told by my middle brother, Steve, that I had to listen to John Mayer’s CD. Considering John Mayer isn’t Steve’s cup of tea… I listened.
My current favorite song is: Walt Grace’s Submarine Test, January 1967 (Born and Raised). So good!
I have completely dropped off from the blog world. I have about 30 posts to read on my google reader and I don’t have a clue when/if I will get to read them. This quarter is so hectic!
So this weekend was nothing exciting to report. It composed of studying…studying.. and then when I didn’t want to do anymore.. study. Unfortunately I had to cancel on some really fun plans this weekend because I had so much work to catch up on.
But it is now Wednesday.. the quarter is quickly wrapping up. I have two papers, a take home final, and one final until the I am finished with my first year of grad school! I can’t believe how long this year has felt. From August till June… this could be the longest school year ever.
Just wanted to share WILW for today. Another random batch of things!
1. I am in love with this chair. From the fabric choice to the color of the wood. Love. Love. Love. I have a old rocker that my Mom and I are restoring this Summer. I am thinking about doing a polka-dot pattern similar to this.. we will see!
Welcome to my first ‘What I’m Loving Wednesday.’ I thought this would be a fun post idea to share random things that I just can’t get enough of each week.
Let me warn you though this is going to be very random. From food to fashion to phone apps.. just whatever I’m loving 🙂
1. Invisible Hand:
I first saw this when Teri posted it on A Foodie Stays Fit . The Invisible Hand according to their website ‘… shows a discreet notification when there are lower prices available on the product, flight, hotel or rental car you’re shopping for. It gives you a link directly to the lowest price.’ When there is a lower price on an item you are shopping for then it gives you the cheaper price and where to find it.
This came in handy when I was shopping for new running shoes. I was looking for my Asics GT2150 and the Invisible Hand popped up and said: